Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dad's Car...

A teenage boy had just passed his driving test and inquired of his father as to when they could discuss his use of the car. His father said he'd make a deal with his son: "You bring your grades up from a C to a B average, study your Bible a little, and get your hair cut. Then we'll talk about the car." The boy thought about that for a moment, decided he'd settle for the offer, and they agreed on it.

After about six weeks his father said, "Son, you've brought your grades up and I've observed that you have been studying your Bible, but I'm disappointed you haven't had your hair cut. The boy said, "You know, Dad, I've been thinking about that, and I've noticed in my studies of the Bible that Samson had long hair, John the Baptist had long hair, Moses had long hair... and there's even strong evidence that Jesus had long hair."

To this his father replied, "Did you also notice they walked everywhere they went?"

As a dad with grown sons, I LOVE this one. :D

t

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Terry Smelser
American Trucker, Techno-Sapien, Father, Grandfather, Husband, Conservative and RightWing NutJob. Long distance marksman and Gun NUT. Its worth dieing for...
View my complete profile

About this site

I've closed down Inn From the Night. (for now). There were several problems with my host, with the registrar, with the author...
OK, I was just getting tired of it, I've used the domain innfromthenight.com for years, I MEAN YEARS. it was originally a BBS running on an old 486 in the corner of my office, until it became my Domain.

I've decided to break things up a bit, a lot of the specific things, trucks, politics, other interests, blah blah blah, will be here at blogger, with a new personal site to come in the next couple of days.

Stay tuned

Stalkers

Trucking Produce Podcast